We repeatedly encourage our students to “just be yourself,” but do they actually know what that means? The world may be less confusing if they can do this amazing thing, but is it that simple? After speaking to several classes, the key to BE YOURSELF is to APPRECIATE YOURSELF first.
Students were broken into small groups and collaborated on two assignments about self-discovery:
1. Qualities About Me
2. Creating a poster of 'Who Am I?’
After processing both activities as a class, the students realized it is very much possible to just be yourself. Here are the top 5 key steps to staying true to yourself:
1. Know who you are.
2. Be honest and express yourself - use your words to make a difference.
3. It is okay to make mistakes because we are still learning.
4. Have a Positive Attitude.
5. Stop, Think, Pray and Choose.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!